All volunteers must agree to the below code of conduct. Download a copy to sign and return.
VOLUNTEER CODE OF CONDUCT
Florida Citrus Sports (FCS) is dedicated to hosting first class events and
strives to offer a fun and rewarding experience for all involved – volunteers,
sponsors, partners and persons affiliated with the participating schools. FCS is
dedicated to conducting its business in accordance with the highest ethical,
legal, and moral standards. FCS is proud of its reputation for integrity and
fair dealing and is committed to these core values. As such, these are the rules
to which volunteers should abide. If any rule on this code of conduct is broken,
volunteers may be dismissed, if deemed necessary. This Code of Conduct applies
to all persons who are involved, either directly or indirectly, with the FCS as
employees (temporary or otherwise) or volunteers and is meant for the protection
of everyone involved.
1. We recognize that our words, actions and deeds reflect directly on FCS and
ourselves, and accordingly, we will conduct ourselves with honesty, integrity,
fairness, respect, and dignity.
2. We will observe all Federal, state, and local laws and regulations that apply
to FCS as well as all NCAA rules and regulations. When we are in doubt about
applicability or impact of any law or regulation, we will obtain clarification
from a FCS staff member.
3. We will avoid conflicts (or even the appearance or perception of conflicts)
between our personal interests and our official responsibilities on behalf of
4. We will treat all persons and entities with fairness and respect. We will not
harass or discriminate against any person or entity for any reason.
5. We will protect the confidentiality and proprietary nature of any and all
information belonging to FCS, and we will not disclose any such confidential or
proprietary information to any person or entity outside FCS.
6. We will protect the health and safety of all persons involved or affiliated
with FCS to the best of our ability.
7. No volunteer will use alcohol, drugs or tobacco before or during their
assignment at any activity or event.
8. No volunteer may ask for any items, including autographs, or other personal
favors from any team personnel, players, or persons associated with a FCS event.
Discretion should be used when requesting any photographs.
9. When on duty as a volunteer, one should not submit resumes or solicit their
business as a result of the direct contact with such persons during such
10. No volunteer may sell their products, services or organization’s to any team
personnel, players or persons associated with FCS event during Bowl Week.
11. Each volunteer role is a one year position and is reviewable each year.
Positions are not guaranteed.