Posting Date: October 1, 2017
Application Deadline: October 16, 2017
The Corporate Partnerships Intern will be a part of the daily operations of the Sponsorship/Marketing Department, helping to successfully implement sponsorship sales and fulfillment projects for Florida Citrus Sports. This position requires the candidate to manage several projects and includes administrative organization, prospect research, budget management, and creative elements.
- Sponsorship Fulfillment (50% of time)
- Provide sponsorship administrative support for the Department in the implementation of sponsorship agreements.
- Assist in entering all new sponsorship contracts into database management system
- Develop sponsor recap reports
- Assist with coordination of sponsors on event activations and sponsors agreement fulfillment
- Assist with distribution of all sponsor event tickets
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Director of Business Development / Manager of Corporate Partnerships
- Sponsorship Sales (50% of time)
- Assist the department administratively with prospect research, prospect database development, proposal development, and
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and enjoy working in a multi-task, detail oriented, and deadline-driven environment. Creativity, initiative, organization, good judgment, and the ability to express thoughts clearly and simply are essential; Must be proactive, positive, and a team player; Consistently demonstrate leadership, commitment and pro-active behavior to the position; Ability to both develop “big picture” ideas and handle small details and logistics of a project.
- College degree or interning for completion of college degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field preferred.
- Basic skills and knowledge of sponsorship sales and activation plans required.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and Adobe CS products (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) including proficient writing and proofreading skills.
This seasonal position runs from Monday, October 23, 2017 through Friday, January 12, 2018. The position requires up to twenty hours per week with the flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends according to the Florida Citrus Sports event schedule. The position requires the ability to work during the December holiday season. The position will be paid hourly at a rate of $9/hr.